Pack your overnight bag, we’re going to Napa! It’ll be fun, we promise
Ca' Momi's blazing pizza oven cranks out about 20 kinds of pizza, from a classic (and certified) margherita to the Momi, with porchetta, taleggio, and caramelized onion. If the carbonara with egg and pancetta isn't a perfect brunch pizza, I don't know what is. Plus there are nine kinds of vegetarian pies for those on a healthier tip. If you're in a lunchy mood, the pastas rock, like a northern Italian dish of spatzle allo speck with cream, or the decidedly Roman rigatoni con coda alla vaccinara (with oxtail, pinenuts, and soffrito). For dessert, get the bigné — cream puffs with a variety of fillings.
From there? Check out wine tasting rooms like Vintner's Collective, 1313 Main, and Carpe Diem. The Culinary Institute of America is offering new Napa wine education classes at the CIA Wine Studies Annex in the former Copia, listed on www.localwineevents.com. Oh yeah, and there are always the Napa Premium Outlets if you're in a shopping frame of mind. (Dangerous after wine tasting, btw).
Most Commented On
- Was this article written by a - March 10, 2014
- The British did not vote for - March 10, 2014
- Separation of non-orthogonal concerns in software architecture - March 10, 2014
- Nonprofits might not be - March 10, 2014
- S.F. TAXPAYERS are on the hook - March 10, 2014
- Uber never said they were - March 10, 2014
- You lose. - March 10, 2014
- Progressives have historically been opposed to monopolies. - March 10, 2014
- i will never stop thanking Dr aluda for what he has done for me - March 10, 2014
- People don't seem to - March 10, 2014